LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS®
RSC (2012-5) Higher Education
HB 127 (Luedtke plus 3) Maryland Referendum Integrity Act - hrg W&M 3/7, 3rd reader, enrolled. This bill would require:
· Each person signing a petition to provide the specified information in the individual’s own handwriting.
· Each page of the petition to be notarized.
· No payment made to petition circulators.
· Extending the time for outside groups to challenge a petition.
· Implementation in January 2013 and not to affect the referendums already in process.
In a surprise move, SB 608 (Benson) Maryland Higher Education Commission – Employees and Children – Tuition Waiver received fav report from EHEA but failed on the Senate floor 12 - 33 thus reserving this perk for university employees only.