LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS®
Handling a change in Email address
We encourage everyone to manage their own subscriptions and their own user account; however, when a person changes their email address, they often simply send a note to someone in the LWV. That someone should make sure the change occurs at the LWVUS database AND at this website, either by making the change or by passing the information to the person in their LWV who handles the online membership databases (could be the webmanager, the membership manager, the newsletter editor, the secretary or the president).
Changing an Email Address for people with user accounts on this site
- Log in to the site with your username and password
- Find the person's user-account by using the options in the Member Menu (light-blue menu just under the banner)
- put your pointer on PEOPLE then select SEARCH BY USERNAME from the drop down options.
- Enter the person's name. If you get "Your search yielded no results" then check your spelling or try entering only first name or last name. If they still don't show up, they may not have an account on this site or they may be using an alias. Contact the person by phone or other method and find out what their username is.
- Click on the name you want.
- At the person's user account page, click on the EDIT tab.
- Enter their new email address in the EMAIL field.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on SAVE.
You have just changed the person's email address and also updated all their subscriptions to newsletters sent from this site.
Changing an Email Address for people without user accounts on this site
People who change their emails need to have their subscriptions to newsletters changed. If you change their email at the LWVUS database, then the LWVMD office manager will add the new email to the LWVMD subscription lists during the regular updates. To change their email immediately, or to add the new address to your Local League mailing list on this site, you should:
- Log in to the site
In the light-blue menu just under the banner, put your pointer on Newsletter.
- In the drop-down options, click on Subscriptions.
- On that page, you should see four tabs: List, Mass Subscribe, Mass Unsubscribe, and Export. Click on LIST.
- Set the "subscribed to" option to "All Newsletters" and type the old email into the EMAIL ADDRESS box then click FILTER
- From the list of email addresses that appears, find the one you want to change and click on its EDIT link.
- You will see a list of the newsletter the person currently subscribes to. Make a note of them.
- Uncheck all the newsletters that the person is subscribed to then click on the UPDATE button.
- You will be taken back to the LIST page.
- Click on the Mass Subscribe tab.
- Type or paste the new Email into the Text Box that appears.
- Select the newsletter(s) that the person was subscribed to under their old email.
- Click on the SUBSCRIBE box.