LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS®
Why should I join?
Membership means joining a long, proud tradition of serving democracy
The League is proud of its long history of working to sustain and further the basic principles of democracy for all by encouraging and enlisting others in that effort. At a time when all too many citizens withdraw from the political process, it is more important than ever that those who care about government accept their civic responsibility to participate fully in the democratic process. What better way to do that than by joining THE LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS, the organization that since 1920 has continued to work proudly to preserve the traditions of democracy?
Membership means opportunity to...
- Experience personal growth and enrichment
- Do more than vote to make democracy work
- Enjoy associating with other thinking, caring people
- Use your personal skills and talents in important community service
- Make a difference in the affairs of your community, state, and nation
Membership brings the satisfaction of...
- Knowing that you will be informed about issues that concern you
- Knowing that your views on issues can be expressed and heard
- Knowing that your organization can take effective action on issues
- Sharpening your skills of leadership, networking, and public speaking
- Using your volunteer time to the betterment of your community
- You receive updates from LWVUS
- You receive The Maryland Voter
- Members of Local Leagues receive monthly local newsletters
- You receive numerous other publications and mailings to enhance your knowledge on various issues and topics or interest.
- You can attend all LWV functions
- You meet great people and make friends
- You have the satisfaction of knowing you're helping to make our country and our communities better!