LEAGUE OF WOMEN VOTERS®
A very wise Leaguer once said, "Study without action is futile; action without study is fatal."
- The League of Women Voters follows these steps before taking action on an issue:
- The issue is studied by a team of League Members.
- The results of the study are summarized in a Fact Sheet.
- Members of the League review the Fact Sheet then discuss the issue.
- If there is a consensus among members, the League adopts a position.
- That position is then used as a basis for action and advocacy, including presenting testimony, offering educational forums, and lobbying legislators.
Read more about LWV positions by clicking on the links below.